Tutorials will address the state-of-the-art developments regarding all aspects of multimedia, and will be of interest to the entire multimedia community, from novices in the world of multimedia to the most seasoned researchers, from people working in academia to industry professionals.
Proposals are solicited for tutorials of either a half day (3 hours plus breaks) or a full day (6 hours plus breaks). Submissions should be made to the Tutorials Chairs and should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract:
1. The cover sheet should specify:
(1) The title and length of the tutorial.
(2) The intended audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced).
(3) Complete contact information for the contact person and other presenters.
(4) A brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for each presenter.
2. The extended abstract should be no more than 4 pages, and should include:
(1) Motivation for having a tutorial on the proposed topic.
(2) Explanations why the organizers think their proposed tutorial would be beneficial to the multimedia community and of high impact.
(3) An outline of the tutorial, along with descriptions of the course objectives and course materials.
April 11, 2011 Tutorials Submission Deadline
June 6, 2011 Notification of Acceptance
TBA Camera Ready Submission (Tutorial Outline, 2 page limit)
For any questions regarding tutorials or submit the proposals, please email the Tutorial Chairs:
Jiebo Luo, Eastman Kodak Labs, USA
Thomas Plagemann, University of Oslo, Norway
Zhongfei Zhang, SUNY Binghamton, USA